Independent Information Technology Consultant
- Internet and intranet development with ASP/ASP.NET/IIS, PHP/Apache and Amazon Cloud
- Shopping cart, e-commerce, and on-line payment systems integration including Authorize.net and PayPal
- Microsoft Access and SQL Server database architecture and development
- Delphi, Visual Basic, VB.NET, C#.NET and Java Windows application, service and ActiveX development
- LAN, WAN, VPN and Internet Data Center/Co-Location architecture and engineering
- Corporate telecommunications and network security auditing
- Solutions for bar code, mag stripe and RFID scanning on PC and mobile platforms
- Sales and Marketing Automation with products from Salesforce, Oracle-Eloqua, Sales Engine, Marketo and GotoMeeting
- Video Encoding and Streaming from Cloud or Data Center to PC, iOS and Android clients
Product Developer with Data Tomato, Inc., Austin, TX, Internet and intranet development company
- Developed, deployed and administrated News8Austin.com, News14.com, CapitalNews9.com, News24Houston.com and News9SanAntonio.com web sites and content management systems utilizing ASP and SQL Server replicating content and data across multiple web and database servers.
- Built and managed a 30-server network operations center to support above sites.
- Created a scalable custom ad management system to client specs, integrated with above sites.
- Developed a Windows service in VB.NET to aggregate and distribute XML and proprietary format weather data via FTP.
- Architected secure e-commerce portal and management applications for JoyBreak.com (entertainment and personal empowerment site, defunct) using ASP.NET.
- Troubleshot and maintained a Windows task tray icon application for the distribution of local Austin weather content.
- Developed a PHP XML hotel booking web service connector for UrbanPassport.net (travel review and booking site, defunct).
- Designed and implemented SQL Server 2000 databases, triggers and stored procedures.
- Built an extranet bug-tracking and maintenance request management and reporting system in ASP for internal and client use.
Technical Director/Lead Developer with Jack Morton Worldwide, Learning and Digital Media Division, Austin, TX, digital media company
- Developed event registration and management applications and presentation systems for Quest FOCUS 2002 User Conference using ASP and SQL Server 2000.
- Worked as Lead Developer, Technical Director and on-site Systems Integrator for multimedia presentation systems at Quest FOCUS 2001.
- Developed complete registration and management system for BMC Learning Universe 2001 User Conference using ASP and SQL Server.
- Acted as Technical Director for various projects from specification through completion.
- Worked with Producer to create competitive bids for digital media projects.
Information Systems Director with New Times Inc., Phoenix, AZ, newspaper and Internet publishing company
- Reorganized IS support and development structure to a team-based system building on individual talents and specializations.
- Worked with regional Systems Managers to develop core competencies and set individual goals.
- Managed large ongoing project list, including development of corporate intranet sites, database software and corporate-wide hardware and software upgrades.
- Ensured the integrity and security of company LANs, WANs, intranet and Internet connections.
- Worked directly with the company President and CEO to determine needs and set direction for future development of technology toward furthering business objectives.
- Developed and supported a national frame-relay WAN linking over 1000 users at 12 sites via SPX/IPX, TCP/IP, and Appletalk.
- Oversaw development of custom applications in Access, Visual Basic, Delphi and C++.
Publishing Systems Director with New Times Inc., Houston Press division, Houston, TX, newspaper and Internet publishing company
- Performed diverse management and technical duties for seven-site national corporation.
- Spearheaded transition to Windows 95 platform, including planning, design, specification, procurement, implementation and training.
- Oversaw transition to Netware 4.x file servers throughout the organization.
- Managed design and implementation of custom client-server database software.
- Hired, trained, supported and evaluated remote-site Systems Managers.
- Provided systems evaluation, design and deployment during creation and acquisition of new corporate sites and divisions.
Systems Manager with Houston Press, weekly newspaper
- Configured, maintained and supported 100-user Novell Netware 4.1 network, 24-user Appletalk network, multi-city frame relay WAN connection, Netscape Internet access, audiotext, T-1 and PBX/voice mail system.
- Provided first-source installation, troubleshooting and support for all hardware and software issues.
- Developed and supported applications in FoxPro, Borland Delphi/Pascal, C++, Microsoft Visual Basic.
- Support of network-based accounting, ad scheduling, contact management and page layout software systems.
Audiotext Coordinator with Houston Press
- Configured, maintained and upgraded 32-line audiotext “900 number” processing system.
- Worked with vendor from beta stage through extensive customization to produce a corporate-wide reference system.
- Troubleshot hardware, software and telephone equipment problems.
- Developed staff training materials, provided internal and client support.
General Partner with Sales Management Solutions, Wainscott, NY, computer and retail consultancy
- Various duties both technical and client-oriented including Point-of-Sale hardware/software system integration, programming, customer service, documentation and personnel training.
- Wrote complete network POS software system–from hardware drivers to user interface–in Pascal and Assembler for cash management, inventory, customer billing and database management.
- Designed and wrote custom data access components to read and write DBASE databases and indexes.
Chief Engineer at WNYF-TV Fredonia, NY, public access television station
- Administrative and technical duties associated with station equipment including budgeting, purchasing, resource management and equipment maintenance.
Assistant Chief Engineer at WNYF-TV Fredonia, NY, public access television station
- Technical position working with electrical, RF and control cabling, as well as maintenance of all station production equipment–video switches, time-base correctors, RF modulators, broadcast VTRs, character/graphics generators.
- Assisted with conversion to and implementation of computer-addressable cable converter system. Performed bench analysis of defective hardware.
- Maintained inventory and history on all equipment.